Radioactivity causes concerns and requires explanation. For many years, IAF has worked to provide the public with facts-based information, listen to questions and alleviate concerns. This has greatly helped our clients who ask for our advice and support in the following areas:
- Involvement and information of the public on radioactivity and radon
- Project-related information, e.g., during the investigation of contaminated sites or remediation measures
- Stakeholder involvement, public information plans and campaigns to inform citizens and employers on radioactivity at home and at work
- Preparation and moderation of public meetings, discussion rounds with workers and residents etc.
Examples of our successful work in this area include the following:
- Information campaign on radon protection „Von Grund auf sicher”("Rootedly safe") of the Land of Baden-Württemberg
- Public information concept of the Land of Thuringia for the definition of radon protection areas
- Support to Saxore Mining in their public information strategy on radon at the Pöhla mine
- Information campaign for radon measurements and remediation of homes in Mailuu Suu (Kyrgyzstan)
- „Train-the-trainer” programmes with Aarhus Centers in Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan for the remediation of uranium legacy sites.